You simply won’t believe this super-soft, super-fine, super-luxurious, super-light alpaca yarn from Lang. This yarn has a light halo, yet is less transparent than most brushed yarns. No tickle or scratch like mohair, none of the itchiness you might expect with a feathery yarn.
This yarn really is super light–a dress takes only 175 grams in size small, and a medium long sleeve sweater is about 200 grams. That coat will float down the street with you–it’s like wearing a warm alpaca cloud!
Perfect for lace scarves, shawls and stoles, but great for lighter-than-air sweaters too.
- 54% Superfine Alpaca, 22% Fine Merino, 24% Nylon
- 20-22 stitches over 4″ for a solid fabric
- US 4-6 needles (3.75-4.5 mm)
- 25 gram ball is about 220 yards (199m)
- Hand wash, dry flat, do not use fabric softener
Woman’s medium (36″) long sleeved pullover takes approximately 200 g (8 balls)